Saturday, August 26, 2006

Durga Puja, an important occasion for me

First, let me answer Woodsmoke's question. Durga Puja is important for me because it is the only time of the year when all three of us( Mammam, Baba and myself) have guaranteed holidays and can spend the whole day with one another, which is not possible in any other time of the year. That happens either because of my studies or my parents' work. This does not mean we do not enjoy ourselves.We do, but it is restricted. The Puja enjoyment is special in its own way.
It is an opportunity for having fun,seeking the blessings of Ma Durga,listening to the sound of 'dhaks' and watching the beautiful 'kashphuls'. Ma Durga comes to the city where I was born and am being brought up only once in a year. Yet, she brings a lot of happiness with her for all. I believe therein lies the wonderfulness of Durga Puja.

No comments: